From how to set up your business to tax tips and how to actually break in with editors, my ebook features everything you need to take you from where you are to become a published freelance writer in only four weeks. Freelance writing is a skill that can be learned, just like any other business, and I’m here to show you how to make money from freelancing.
This book features everything you need to take you from where you are to become a published freelance writer in only four weeks. Inside, you’ll find:
- A complete breakdown of how I went from making a $0 yearly income as a writer to a full-time income
- All of my organizational strategies + tools to making working from home with kids possible (I’ve done it with five kids all at home full-time with me!)
- How to get ideas for articles and submit to editors
- Where to find paid writing jobs
- How to establish yourself as an expert in your field and land regular writing gigs
- INSIDER information from my experience as an editor—it’s a different world on the other side, my friends, and I’ve learned a ton of valuable information for freelancers on the other side of the screen
- An overview on tax tips and rules
- Basically, EVERYTHING I’ve learned over the past eight years as a freelance writer
- How to track your work and follow up with editors
- Always wanted to become a writer?
Dreamed about seeing your name in print?
Told yourself you’re going to start getting serious about writing, but then didn’t really know to actually go about doing it?
Maybe you’re overwhelmed with little kids at home, maybe you don’t really know where to begin to become a published writer, or maybe you’re just simply tired (same), but I promise you, anyone can become a writer and get paid for their words.
Freelance writing is a unique career because it means you’re the boss. But think about that for a second — it also means you’re the boss. As in, no one else but you is going to sit your butt to the chair and make it happen. That can be incredibly freeing but also incredibly hard. Anyone can become a writer, but very few people actually do because it takes a certain person who’s willing to put in the hard work necessary to succeed.
I know that when I first became a writer, all it took was one person taking my hand and giving me that teeny, tiny shove in the right direction that I needed for me to realize that I could do this. After that, the doors were opened to me and every year brought new writing opportunities and growth until I was successfully able to run a six-figure business, all from home, with five young kids.
I know that sounds slightly spammy, but it’s the truth. No wraps, oils, or leggings included. Just me, a lot of coffee (like, seriously, a lot of coffee), and my computer.
Today, I write for sites like Parents and Healthline and I even reached my dream goal of getting published on The New York Times and in The Washington Post, Glamour, SELF, and Real Simple. I’m making more money as a writer than I ever would have as a full-time nurse. To help share everything I’ve learned, I’m offering you the steps to take you from wherever you’re at right now to a real, published writer in only four weeks.
Honestly, you have to start somewhere but don’t it just from me. Here’s what people are saying about my advice:
“I appreciate your honesty about working from home with kids (it sucks) and the hope you offer. I am encouraged by your success and inspired by your commitment to your career. You helped me say “NO MORE EXCUSES”, it’s time to do this. You included the key tips for getting my work out there.”