Thank you to @basicinvite for sponsoring this post!
Yes, you read that correctly. I did just drop the “C” word:
But we are in the middle of summer! you might be protesting. But I am still spending my days slathering my children in sunscreen! you are sputtering. But I barely am recovered from the last holiday season! you are exclaiming.
Trust me, I get it. I get it so much in fact, that I have a pretty embarrassing confession to make to you all:
I haven’t sent Christmas cards in, oh, about 7 years.
Seriously. I am that far behind on life. I made a huge deal out of making personalized Christmas cards the year my second daughter was a baby and I staged an elaborate photo shoot that pretty much exhausted me, my brother that I roped into taking the pictures, and my poor baby, whose eyes are rimmed red in all of the images because she was that tired.
That experience with making my own custom Christmas cards definitely burned me out and since then, I just haven’t bothered. There always seems to be too much to do around the holidays and as we have added more kids, the list has just grown longer. (Literally!) Actually making + getting Christmas cards out around the holidays is just downright impossible for me and thus, it hasn’t happened.
So can someone explain to me why on earth it hasn’t occurred to me before to make my Christmas cards in July? It’s genius! Summer is typically a great time to get a family photo anyways, so it makes complete sense to take few minutes before the busyness of the holiday season to get your cards done and ordered. Basic Invite makes creating your own custom holiday cards, business holiday cards, announcements, or personalized event invites fun and easy.
What are some of the benefits that Basic Invite offers?
- Almost Unlimited Colors – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design you can change the color of each element on the card to over 180 different color options so you can make sure the card is exactly how you want it down to the littlest detail. This is what we feel sets us apart from almost any other online stationery company and is what we feel is our biggest draw.
- Custom Samples – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers the ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation so they can see exactly how it will print as well as the paper quality before they ever have to place their final order.
- Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes – Basic Invite is just as colorful with our envelopes as we are with our invitations. Customers can choose from over 40 different colors when it comes to their envelopes so that they can make their invitation stand out even before it is opened. All of our envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be quickly and securely closed.
- Address Capturing Service – Basic Invite offers an address capturing service that allows customers to simply share a link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other form of social media to request their friends and family’s addresses which will be stored in the customer’s account and can then be selected during the design process. Basic Invite offers recipient address printing at no cost on all Christmas card orders.
- Foil – Foil cards are available in gold, silver, and rose gold. Customers can choose flat or raised foil on all of Basic Invite’s foil designs.
And right now, with their Christmas in July special (again, genius!) Basic Invite is offering 15% off with coupon code: 15FF51
Maybe the rest of you were well aware that Christmas in July cards were a “thing,” but if you’re anything like me, this might just change your life. May we join the rest of the put-together moms come this holiday season and keep our summer secret just between us!
When do you make your holiday cards? Are you a Christmas-in-July mom too?