Job Posting: The Stay Strong Mom Editorial Strategist for http://thestaystrongmom.com/
I am looking for someone to be my right-hand woman as I launch The Stay Strong Mom, a new site that will offer gift boxes for mothers, along with a podcast and community. I want someone who has a heart for women and especially for those who have suffered a loss or a miscarriage. I’m looking for someone who is a go-getter, very self-motivated, and a big-picture thinker. I don’t want to just tell you what to do; I want you to take an active role in directing and strategizing content. This position will be part time, between 5-10 hours a month to start, and completely remote. All duties will be performed in a co-role position with me as we get rolling, so don’t panic! Pay is $20/hour.
- Content management and strategy. You will be responsible for creating a content calendar and strategy for both my blog and social media channels. This isn’t just about throwing content up to fill time slots; it’s about strategic content management that will fit in with my brand’s mission and vision. Duties will include managing the Stay Strong Mom blog, Facebook and Instagram content as well as actually scheduling and monitoring accounts.
- Newsletter. You will also be responsible for drafting + scheduling monthly newsletters.
- Email management. You will be responsible for monitoring the Stay Strong Mom email inbox and keeping me updated with timely, pertinent requests, as well as responding to general inquiries.
- Light graphic design. I’d like someone who is familiar with graphic design/photo editing that can create graphics for the site and social media.
- Light administrative tasks. There may be occasional requests for some admin tasks, such as reaching out to vendors or research for the company as we grow.
- STRONG writing skills are a must. You will responsible for creating content that includes social media posts, blog posts, emails, and newsletters and I will have high standards for clean copy in the Stay Strong Mom style and voice.
- Independent worker and thinker. I don’t want to micromanage you; I want a true partner in crime.
- Efficient worker. I work very quickly and I get a lot done in a day, so I will expect the same of you! If writing one blog post will take you three hours, this is not the position for you.
- A belief in the Stay Strong Mom movement. The only way this brand will succeed is through surrounding myself with women who “get it” and this position is one of the most important of all. I want someone who believes that women are stronger together and that empowering mothers through hard times is an important goal worth fighting for.
- An eye for detail and productivity. Experience with efficiency systems and backend site management in WordPress a plus.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org a CV and resume that includes why you want this position, your qualifications, and 2 writing samples that represent your voice. Show me you’re up for the job and clearly demonstrate that you’ve looked at my site and my mission for Stay Strong Mom.