Since it worked so well last month, I’m putting my goals for next month up again. Seriously, after committing last month’s goals, I have been working steadily on my book every week, (one afternoon at a babysitter’s and most Saturday afternoons courtesy of Ben), started writing for Everyday Family, and brought it enough work last month to *just about* reach my goal of $2,000!! A-mazing.
So here’s what’s on tap for next month:
1. Take on one more regular writing job. I need another steady source of income. The problem with writing is that even though my projected profits for January were close to my goal, I have yet to see any of the money. There’s a huge gap in the amount of time between getting a piece accepted, published, and then paid. I’m hoping to get to the point where I have a steady stream coming to make up for that gap so I’m not choosing (as I am this month) to pay the credit card bill or the mortgage. Yikes.
2. Get another acceptance from a print magazine–either Parents or Parenting would be swell. I’m thinking a feature article.
3. Reach out to some businesses to partner with on my blog. Anyone know of any? I’m thinking something health-related would be nice, given my background as a nurse and all…
4. Try some business writing. I’m thinking of joining my local Chamber of Commerce, but it’s a steep $88 and I’m not sure if the investment is worth it. I’ve been doing primarily parenting & pregnancy type articles and I am trying to decide if I should focus at all on the more business side of writing; i.e. web copy, brochures, etc. for businesses. I think it would be a nice change-up.
5. Either join a medical journal or find someone to let me use their online access so I can have some good references to articles.
6. Go on ONE date with my husband. We really don’t spend anytime *alone* together anymore, and I think I need that time more than he does, because I can feel myself getting grumpy with him for no reason. Turns out, I need to spend time with my hubs. Who knew? I’d like to mix it up a little besides a standard movie night. Any suggestions??
Anyone have any goals for the next month??