It’s that time again–revisiting my March goals and setting my sights on what I’d like to accomplish this month.
Here’s how I did in March:
1. Work on my book everyday. Um, I totally didn’t do this. Not even close. I did, however, work on it most Saturdays for a few hours. When I wasn’t working at the hospital. When the kids were napping. When I didn’t clean my house. One month to go!
Identify one non-parenting publication to query. I didn’t do this, but I did have some exciting other writing developments, so I’m going to let this one slide for now. Maybe it’s not bad to have a parenting niche, so why fight it? 3. Plan a family vacation. I kinda sorta did this one too. Found a nice little cabin on a beach that I think I might rent out for a week for a cheap and stress-free getaway with the kiddos.
4. Get a feature article in Parenting. No go. I still have a great idea, but didn’t get it out yet.
5. Do one family activity this month. Also failed on this one. Although we DID go out to eat one night together as a family. Does that count?
Ok, so I didn’t do so hot for March. And April will definitely be a little light since it’s drumroll, please–the last month I have to work on my book!
1. Finish my book!! Honestly, that’s the only goal I have for April. It’s my primary focus. We have a lot of Saturday events and I’m working quite a bit on other projects and a few hospital days, so it’s crunch time.
2. Start running again. I’ve been running a few times and it feels amazing. Aside from the fact that I’ve been to two different doctors about the fact that my foot is still swollen, requiring me to wear two different-sized shoes (sob), it feels so great to be running again. I want to keep it up!
3. Make a decision on school for Ada. It’s killing me, people. It’s killing me. I need to decide what to do about Ada’s school in the fall.
4. Hit 1,000 likes on my Facebook page. Ok, so this a completely selfish and meaningless goal. But I’d really like to turn in my book to my publisher with a bang. So, come May 1st, I would LOVE if I could be up to 1,000 fans just so I can show my publisher that my book for young moms is going to be well-received. Help me out by giving me a like?
And that’s it! What do you guys have planned for the month?