Over the summer, I thought I was brilliant for shredding and freezing the 500 pounds of zucchini that sprouted up in my garden.
Until I didn’t know what the heck to do with frozen, shredded zucchini.
And then I realized that just about everything–nasty frozen zucchini included–is better with chocolate.
Some Pinterest surfing, a little adaptation, and bam!
Chocolate zucchini muffins that I may or may not have made every day this week. So.good. And my kids are eating them, so that counts as getting them to eat vegetables, right?
Best Ever Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
1. Combine 2 c. flour, 2 t. cinnamon, 1 1/2 t. baking soda, 1/2 t. salt and 5 T cocoa powder in a bowl. Take a spoonful of the mixture and mix it in to 1 c. mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
2. Beat 1/2 c. oil, 3 eggs, 3/4 c. sugar, and 1/4 c. brown sugar in a mixer until creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in 1/2 c. sour cream, 2 t. vanilla, and some orange zest (I doubted this, but it really made them good).
4. Slowly add the flour mixture while the mixer is on.
5. Mix in 2 c. shredded zucchini (I thawed mine first).
6. Stir in the flour-coated chocolate chips.
7. Bake in a sprayed muffin tin or in cupcake liners at 350 degrees. Set the timer for 10 minutes, and then sprinkle the tops with more mini chocolate chips, bake for about 3 more minutes or until the toothpick is clean.